Bathroom Remodeling Experts
Five Star was created in 1995, when the founder realized the great demand for quality and integrity in the home remodeling industry. Since then, we have enjoyed much success in the helping of thousands of homeowners across the tri-state area. We combine quality workmanship, superior knowledge, and low prices to provide you with service unmatched by our competitors. We have the experience, personnel and resources to make the project run smoothly. We can ensure a job is done on time. Five Star is a fully licensed, insured, family-owned remodeling company; providing quality and affordable home improvements for over 23 years! Our Mission is to continue providing the utmost customer service for years to come. Five Star pledges to provide the utmost customer service, safety, and quality work in a timely fashion. At Five Star Home Remodeling, Basement Waterproofing is our specialty! In addition, we offer Bathroom and Kitchen Remodeling Services as well as a variety of other Home Improvement Services. Let our team of talented designers, architects, and technicians take the room of your dreams and make it a reality! Know that your project is in safe hands with one of New Jersey’s most trusted, talented and established contractors. Contact the professionals at Five Star today, at 856-829-4900!
Facts About Hillside
Hillside was created from parcels of land carved out of neighboring Newark, Elizabeth, and Union. It originally contained the farms of Woodruff, Conant and Saybrook. Local streets still bear their names. Hillside was incorporated shortly after the appearance of Halley’s Comet in 1910, and for that reason, the team nickname of Hillside High School is the “Comets.” Several local businesses take the name “Comet” for the same reason. The Hillside Historical Society was established in the 1980s in the Woodruff home on Conant Street, perhaps the township’s oldest. The Woodruff House and Eaton Store Museum is operated and maintained by the Hillside Historical Society. Purchased by the Society in 1978, the house has been faithfully restored to its original grandeur. The Woodruff House spans three centuries in one structure, including the original 1735 building, the 1790 addition, the 1890s kitchen and the 1900s store. The society has also added to the grounds an authentic post and beam barn, a Phil Rizzuto and All Sports Museum honoring the Hillside legend as well as an archive to house the many documents the society has obtained over the years.
Hillside has been the home of Bristol-Myers Squibb. Lionel Trains were manufactured from 1929 to 1974 at a factory located in Hillside that employed as many as 2,000 employees. The town thrived for decades and reached an economic peak in the 1960s. Blue-collar workers who lived primarily in the central part of town were employed in local manufacturing concerns. White-collar workers established the neighborhood known as Westminster where Yankee shortstop and broadcaster Phil Rizzuto lived for most of his adult life, until his death. That section of town also included the private Pingry School for boys (which left the township) and is now the East Campus of Kean University. In the 1950s and 1960s the township was approximately one-half Jewish, many of whom lived either in Westminster or in the area of Hillside near Chancellor Avenue, adjacent to the Weequahic section of Newark, which was the early home of comedian Jerry Lewis and writer Philip Roth (Portnoy’s Complaint).
In the early 1950s the township established Conant Park, its largest. The park is bounded by the Elizabeth River and Conant Street. At the rear area of the park near Pingry School was the boundary of the Kean Estate, the boyhood home of Governor Thomas Kean (1982–1990). The wealthy Kean family also donated the land on Morris Avenue and helped to establish Newark Normal College in 1885, which was renamed Kean College, and later Kean University, in the family’s honor. Also in the 1950s the Town Hall, Police Headquarters and Municipal Library were constructed at the corner of Liberty and Hillside Avenues. Township organizations include Rotary International, Kiwanis, Knights of Columbus, Elks, the Hillside Industrial Association, the Hillside Business and Professional Women’s Club, the Republican Club and the Democratic Club, as well as a number of ethnic clubs and associations. As of May 2010, the township had a total of 48.48 miles (78.02 km) of roadways, of which 38.72 miles (62.31 km) were maintained by the municipality, 5.57 miles (8.96 km) by Union County, 3.47 miles (5.58 km) by the New Jersey Department of Transportation and 0.72 miles (1.16 km) by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. The Garden State Parkway, U.S. Route 22, and Interstate 78 pass through Hillside. A tollgate is located on the northbound lanes of the parkway, approaching the interchange for I-78. The New Jersey Department of Transportation finished a project that added previously unavailable connections with the 2010 completion of a ramp that lets vehicles heading south on the Parkway connect to Interstate 78 heading east, which followed a project completed in 2009 that allowed drivers heading north on the Parkway to access Interstate 78.
WHERE TO FIND US:
FIVE STAR HOME REMODELING
416 Division St,
Cinnaminson, NJ 08077